Tuesday, April 11, 2006

 

The patio roof is done!

Well not quite. There's still a small section at the back which is pretty much out of sight that needs to be covered in but you can't really see it and for all practical purposes the roof is finished. John and I spent all day working on it. He's moving back to perth soon, having sold his own house, and he's keen to go. It was a long day for us but we got a lot done. John cut his hands a few times whilst cutting bits of tin for the roof but we just kept putting bandaids on the cuts. I suggested he should wear gloves but he feels they slow him down.
Like everybody I feel like I have a million things to do. I've put in an offer to buy a house for my girlfriend to live in but it's a real dump and is going to need a lot of work to make it nice. Should know in a week or so if the bank is going to lend me the money.
I wanted to go for a bike ride or a run this evening but I just felt too tired, maybe tomorrow..
Alpha the cat is drooling again. He has something wrong with him but I don't know what. He's been to the vet and got some antibiotic shots and his normal kitten injections but the problem's come back. I'm trying to keep him inside where it's warmer and I'm giving him soft foods just in case it's a problem with his mouth.
I have a week left of my holidays. It's disappearing too fast and all I've done is worry and work. Perhaps I'll get a few easy days soon.
The clutter on my desk is thinning out. Soon I'll be able to move into my new computer room, and that is going to stay tidy!
Yesterday some new cycling shoes arrived by courier. They're supposed to be warmer than your average shoe. I'm determined to ride to work through the winter so I'm arming myself with warm clothing.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?